Join the team!
Prima Power wishes to enter in contact with people able to share our values, with a true passion for innovation and a strong will to develop their skills.
Our attention is oriented to all the competence fields:
- Technical and Scientific, for Research, Innovations and Product Development areas
- Economic, for Finance, Administration and Control areas
- Commercial, for Marketing, Sales and After-Sales areas
- Management, for Production, Project Management, Purchasing, Logistic, Quality, Safety and Human Resources areas
The prerequisites, independently from the searched position, are:
- Knowledge of English language: we are an International Company. We need and want to communicate with everybody around the world.
- Travelling availability: we have sites and Customers in many countries. We need and want to be where our competence is required.
- Attitude to change: our reference markets are dynamic. We need and want to respond quickly to their needs.
Other specific features will be highlighted in the announcements dedicated to vacancies.
What we would like to find in the younger candidates?
- Desire to learn
What we would like to find in the more experienced candidates?
- Will to share their knowledge
- Ability to be an example for the younger
- Continuous desire to learn
If you recognize yourself in these features we would like to know you better. Please send us your Curriculum Vitae using the “Work with us” form on top of this page.
Prima Power Field Service Technician (Feb 4, 2021)
USA: Oklahoma, Nevada, Kansas, Arizona
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll be a key part of a technical support team that provides on-site, telephone, and email support.
You’ll travel to customer locations in North America to perform on-site trainings, installations, repairs, and maintenance on both hardware and software. You will troubleshoot and problem solve to determine what is malfunctioning and then provide the customer a solution, taking the problem from start to finish. Travel demand is 90%.
Diagnose complex technical problems and perform on-site repair.
Examine machines both mechanically and electrically, perform repairs by dismantling machines and rebuilding mechanically and electrically.
Will perform a variety of technical field service related duties involving new product installations including equipment start up, functional testing, and customer training are performed.
Diagnose technical problems and troubleshoot via telephone.
Perform software updates on HMI and PLC
Communicate professionally and effectively with customers via telephone.
Serve as a professional company representative providing exceptional customer service while at customer locations or while in any service support role.
Effectively interpret schematics and block diagrams to analyze and troubleshoot problem products.
Document in detail product problems and resolutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Possess a working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and electrical systems.
Competent skills in reading schematics, using test equipment, reading software coding to diagnose problems.
CNC programming skills / Can troubleshoot cut quality a plus*
Familiarity with Windows based computers and their use for programming drives, PLCs, and other control devices and proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products
Excellent English language technical communication skills in speaking, reading and writing.
Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
Self-starter who takes the initiative and possess a strong work ethic and who can work with little or no supervision
Adaptability-being able to think quickly and respond positively to change.
Sense of Urgency – Having the drive and motivation to take action and prioritize daily tasks; working strategically to ensure we are getting to every customer.
Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills. Being able to communicate effectively with all levels within an organization, from front line operators to senior management, and remaining professional at all times.
Maintains prompt communication of expense and, service reports, etc. on a weekly basis.
Make recommendations for changes and improvements as may be developed through field service activity.
Must be able to travel domestically to support service area on a regular basis (Up to 100%); occasional international travel.
Work in as safe and efficient manner; sitting, standing, walking, safely lift all equipment and materials as the job may require, to a maximum of 75 lbs.
Work environment will consist of regular exposure to dust, odor, oil, fumes and noise in a manufacturing environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two (2) year Technical Associates Degree (Mechanical, Electrical or Laser technology) or the equivalent combination of technical school training and military / industrial experience required.
2~5 years’ experience as field service in the machine tool industry a plus.
Skilled in Electrical measurement and inspection techniques.
(Voltmeter, Oscilloscope and other measurement equipment).
Computer hardware, Bios, operating systems, networking and CAD/CAM experience a plus.
Experienced with AC motors, Servo drives and the drives and circuits which power them. Ability to do electrical drive start-up commissioning, tuning and parameterization.
Proficient with AC and DC control circuits, sensors, switches, relays, timers, and fusing.
Experience in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical problems.
(Ball screws, bearings, gearing and various way systems).
Skilled in mechanical measurement and inspection techniques.
Indicators, micrometers, gage blocks and optical comparator. Laser Interferometer and ballbar a plus )
US Citizen – valid passport
Must possess a valid, clean driver license and credit card.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume to [email protected] with subject FSE0204 Prima Power Field Service Technician
Field Service Engineer
Prima Power is a leading specialist in machines and systems for sheet metal working. Our offering in this field is one of the widest and covers all applications: laser processing, punching, shearing, bending, automation.
As the undisputed leader in 3D laser machines; we are also among the main world players in the 2D laser segment with a wide range of top performance and highly efficient machines used in a multitude of fields all around the globe.
Services are an important part of Prima Power activities and are meant to give a professional, dedicated and effective support to each of our customers all over the world.
Prima Power is recruiting for Field Service Technicians in: Minnesota, Georgia and North/South Carolina.
The Field Service Engineer’s responsibilities:
- Leads, directs and performs a wide variety of machine maintenance, repair and installation on machine equipment.
- Troubleshoots the repair of various Prima Power equipment including hydraulic electrical and PC repairs.
- Travels to customer sites to install and repair various Prima Power equipment. Repairs range from simple to complex processes. Travel can be via car or air plane. Employee should be prepared to drive 3-4 hours to arrive at customer site. Employee must be able to carry luggage as well a tool box, tools can be greater than 50 lbs.
- Provides cost estimates for repairs to customers.
- Ensures proper documentation and paperwork is provided for work performed.
- Ability to be part of a large service organization
- General proficiency PC skills including Outlook and Excel, Word, and Smartphone’s,
- Mechanical, or Vocational training is beneficial. This formal education will assist the employee if and when he/she is confronted with advanced new versions of the PPNA equipment.
- Recommend corrective/preventative services and sell additional services including developing creative service campaigns.
Send your resume to: [email protected]